The Department of Pulmonology and chest diseases at Columbia Asia Hospitals, offers management of acute and chronic lung diseases by a team of highly trained and experienced physicians. They provide treatment in the outpatient setting, as well as inpatients and those in intensive care units (ICU).
The consultants perform bronchoscopies for both diagnostic and therapeutic purposes which are mostly done in emergency room or in the ICU.
The hospital also has a full-fledged sleep lab that is used by the consultants to diagnose sleep disorders like obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and its associated complications and if necessary treat patients with home bi-level positive airway pressure (home BIPAP) or continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP).
The consultants are experienced in the management of chronic diseases like Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), allergies, asthma and tuberculosis. They manage patients with malignancies of the lung along with the surgeons and oncologists. The pulmonary function testing and imaging methodology like CT (Computed Tomography) help the consultants arrive at accurate diagnosis and improve treatment of complex lung diseases.
Treatments and Procedures
- Pulmonary function testing (PFT)
- Evaluation and management of allergies
- Bronchoscopic procedures like diagnostic bronchoscopy, biopsies and broncho-alveolar lavage (BAL)
- Management of COPD and asthma
- Evaluation and management of benign and malignant lesions of the respiratory tract and lungs
- Video assisted thoracic surgery (VATS) which is a minimally invasive surgery
- Sleep studies and treatment of sleep disorders
- Home CPAP and BiPAP