Thursday, February 4, 2021 - 00:00
- Takes the nursing history, summarizes data, and states nursing diagnoses/ patient care needs.
- Observes and records signs, symptoms, and behaviours, including the physiological status of patients; reports assessment changes, to the concerned authority.
- Follows policy and delivers designated nursing interventions to assigned patients that are consistent with the stated medical plan of care.
- Performs admission, discharge and transfer procedures, and assists others with patient's activities and care.
- Executes physician's orders for all assigned patients; safely and properly administers medications and treatments.
- To be responsible for collection of specimens when ordered, ensuring correct labelling.
- To be responsible for preparing assigned patients for programmed medical procedures.
- To participate in specialists rounds and assist by giving relevant information as regards to nursing observations made on the residents.
- To supervise the cleanliness of assigned area or the ward.
- Carry out routine check at each handover that all equipments are in working order.
- To ensure that all items used for residents inclusive of medications, surgical supplies are duly recorded and charged.
- To carry out inventory on surgical items and equipment for each week.
- Maintain residents safety by taking preventive measures against accidents.
- Accurately records and reports incidents.
- Provide nursing care for patients undergoing surgery.
- Assist surgeons in major or minor operations.
- Maintain standards of nursing care in pre-operative and post-operative planning, implementation and patient care.
- Adheres to surgical safety checklist
- Follow procedure prospectus for all surgeries
- Prepare the operating room for all emergency and scheduled procedures.
- Keep principles of aseptic techniques in performing surgical scrub, setting instruments, gowning, gloving as needed for the procedure.
- Assist as a circulatory or scrub nurse.
- Monitor and report all vital signs of patient.
- Administer oxygen therapy and suctions of secretions if required.
- Report any untoward reactions of patient to the surgeon or anesthesiologist.
- Carry out all the doctors order and directions.
- Give all psychological support to the patient and family.
B.Sc ( Nursing)