Monday, May 13, 2013 - 00:00
Key areas of responsibility:
- Assists in controlling inventory levels and ordering process according to annual budget.
- Performs monthly, quarterly inventory checks.
- Establishes/Follows method of storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Ensures delivery of quality pharmacy services for residents, clients and employees.
- Ensuring the dispensing of medications with clear instructions and correct labeling to patients.
- Provides clear, understandable instructions to discharge patients in a language known to patient with information leaflets if possible.
- Acts as a liaison with nursing and medical staff concerning prescriptions orders, drugs and pharmaceutical details, resident reactions, errors and complaints.
- Performs stock processing-receiving, checking, unpacking, putting away, displaying.
- Prepares purchase orders for approval. Processes invoices and maintains price updates.
- Complies with standard operating procedures for storage, recording and requisitions of drugs.
- Maintains general cleanliness of department: dispensing counter, measuring glassware, computer hardware and electronic balance.
- Supervises activities in the hospital pharmacy areas according to hospital policies and directives, good pharmaceutical practice, standard practices of the profession and pharmacy legislation.
- Ensures secure storage of narcotics and other controlled substances on a regular basis.
D. Pharma/ B. Pharma, min. 2 years experience in hospitals