Monday, May 13, 2013 - 00:00
Main Job Tasks:
- Schedules nursing personnel to ensure adequate staffing for each shift.
- Collaborates with Chief Nursing Services in determining and obtaining equipment and supplies needed in the performance of patient care.
- Assists nursing personnel in identifying patient and family needs.
- Participates in setting patient care standards
- Counsels relatives when required at the waiting area
- Ensures that all physician’s orders are executed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Works with the Chief of Nursing Services to apprise Specialist of special nursing problems and secure guidance for handling.
- Keeps up to date appraisal of Unit capability and requirements.Keeps an up to date knowledge of the unit and drug changes and instructs staff of such changes.
- Review and inform Chief of Nursing Services regarding nursing unit problems and needs, recommending changes in the policies and procedures.
- Assist the Chief of Nursing Services in the investigation of reports of incidents, suspected infections and patient / doctor complaints and resolves problems or makes recommendation for action.
GNM/ B.Sc. Nursing, min. 2 years experience in hospitals