Monday, May 13, 2013 - 00:00
Main Job Tasks:
- Receives or obtains specimens for Laboratory analysis and does order entry if lab assistants are not present.
- Labels bottles, containers, tubes, sample cups.
- Performs various bio-chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Maintains departmental equipment and carry out the daily routine maintenance required as per the guidelines of each equipment.
- Records lab tests results and may assist in research and technical activities.
- Transcribing materials, filing and maintaining all pathology and clinical laboratory files.
- Prepares written documentation and file as required by the profession.
- Keys in lab tests, results and charge code for order entry when need arises.
- Prints all laboratory reports when required.
- Prepare requisition forms and record of specimen to be sent to reference laboratory.
DMLT/B.Sc - MLT, minimum 2 years experience in hospitals/commercial labs.