Monday, May 13, 2013 - 00:00
Main Job Tasks
- Responsible for driving the ambulance to transport sick, injured, or convalescent persons
- Uses skill in safely transporting patients to and from the hospitals/clinics or accident spots etc.
- May report facts concerning accident or emergency to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials.
- Will chose the fastest route to the scene of the accident or the home of a patient.
- Must check the vehicle's brake system, electrical system, lubrication system and cooling system and tyres as well as prepare for emergencies.
- Extend all help required in during transportation of the patient.
- Ensure all equipment in the ambulance assigned is in good operational condition.
- Ensure all consumables and first aid requirements are in sufficient quantity and replace all articles used.
- Maintain cleanliness of the ambulance vehicle.
- Ensure sterility of all patient oriented invasive items.
- Ensure that the oxygen cylinders are in good condition and have sufficient quantity of the gas.
10th/12th pass, minimum 5 years experience in driving an Ambulance.