Thursday, February 4, 2021 - 00:00
Main Job Tasks
- To prepare the dialysers, for re-use of patients dialysed during the shift.
- Technicians of the particular shift should prime the dialysers of patients coming during next shifts.
- To check starting dialysis charts / previous dialysis sheets thoroughly for special instructions.
- To check any blood samples to be taken, fill up forms and label containers.
- To arrange for blood in case of transfusion advise.
- To plan weight loss according to pre-weight / ideal weight and blood pressure.
- To ensure heparinisation as per the instructions. Maintenance dose to be given at appropriate time.
- To check history of bleeding or recent procedures before heparinisation. If above history is positive and if there is pericarditis to alter heparinisation schedule accordingly.
- To record the time of occurrence, treatment given and the response at the time of complication noticed.
- To record summary of observations of stating and cleaning.
Diploma (Dialysis Technician)