Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 00:00
- Under the direct supervision of the Specialty Primary Consultant and Intensivist, Registrars are responsible for care of the patient in the adult ICU of all levels including HDU, CICU and Transplant ICU
- Carry out procedures within capabilities under supervision including emergency duties outside the Intensive Care Unit.
- Responsibility for administrative duties (e.g. review of results of investigations, patient records) which arise as a consequence of these clinical duties.
- Arrange for appropriate investigations to be carried out and formulate of a working differential diagnosis
- Counsel patients and relatives under supervision
- Must work in shifts
- Assist in covering for unexpected absence
1 - 4 years
MBBS, Dip in Critical Care Medicine