What is Infertility? Causes & Symptoms Female Infertility Treatment in India

What is infertility?

It is a condition of the reproductive system that prevents the conception of children. About 80% of couples who are regularly trying for a baby, get pregnant within a year. Many of the remaining 20 % of couples get pregnant within the next year. An estimated one in seven couples have difficulty conceiving and women are less fertile as they get older.

Assisted reproductive technology  is a term used to describe the different treatments available to help those who have difficulty in conceiving a child naturally. These treatments usually involve handling and manipulation of eggs and/or sperm in the lab to carry out simple procedures like artificial insemination/ intra uterine insemination (AI/IUI), or more advanced procedures including  in vitro fertilization (IVF) and intra cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI).

Causes of Infertility in Women

  • Subfertility /Infertility
  • Recurrent miscarriage
  • Recurrent implantation failure (repeated IVF failure)
  • Polycystic Ovaries
  • Other reproductive and endocrine problems related to infertility

Diagnostic Services for the Female

  • Baseline Investigations
  1. Clinical assessment
  2. Hormonal Assessments
  3. Ovarian reserve testing includes blood tests and a transvaginal scan
  4. Cycle monitoring
  • Tubal testing 
  1. Hystero-Contrast-Salpingo-Sonography (HyCoSy Scan)
  2. Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
  3. Laparoscopy, Dye Test and Hysteroscopy
  • Advanced investigations
  1. Genetic testing
  2. Immunological assessment
Diagnostic Services for the Male
  • Clinical assessment
  • Detailed Semen Analysis
  • Hormonal Assessment
  • Genetic testing
  • Scrotal and Transrectal Ultrasound
  • Sperm DNA fragmentation test        
  • Testicular biopsy

Treatment Services for Infertility

  • Ovulation Induction and Follicle Tracking
  • Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
  • In vitro fertilization (IVF)
  • Intra cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) 
  • Blastocyst transfer
  • Embryo freezing and frozen embryo transfer (FET)
  • Micro surgical sperm aspiration
  • Assisted Hatching (AH)
  • Cryopreservation of Semen, Eggs and Embryos
  • Donor program
  • Surrogacy
  • Fertility preservation
  • Treatment of Immunological Problems related to Infertility
  • Surgical management of female infertility problems including Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic procedures
  • Surgical management of male infertility
  • Treatments for sexual intercourse problems

If you are looking for availing any of the treatment services mentioned above, then you can visit best fertility hospital in Mysore.

Latest Posts

How does a doctor check for PCOS?

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS is a hormonal...

Read More

World Autism Day 2021: 5 tips for parenting a child with autism

Managing a child with autism and giving proper car...

Read More

What establishments can do to take care of the safety of their employees

The second wave has spread to unprecedented levels...

Read More

Get in Touch