Appointment at Columbia Asia Hospital India
A doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the female, particularly the reproductive system, is a gynecologist. They deal with infections of vagina and uterine, fertility problems, contraception, tubal ligations and hysterectomy.
When should you see a gynecologist?
Apart from your general gynecology checkup and tests, also schedule an appointment with a gynecologist at Columbia Asia if you experience the following:
- Unusual vaginal discharge
- Bleeding between menstruation or after sexual intercourse
- Menstruation cramps or pelvic pain that is severe enough to disrupt your daily routine for even a few days a month
- Abnormal bleeding that requires you to change sanitary napkins or tampons more often than once every two to three hours
- Any unusual pain, swelling or itching of the vagina or lower abdomen
Further see our gynecologist periodically if:
- You are planning on getting pregnant
- You think you or your partner have a sexually transmitted infection
- Have a history of sexually related diseases and infections
- Have a family history of breast or ovarian cancer
- There are changes in your breasts such as dimpling, puckering, or other changes to the skin, shape or size of your breasts or a swelling
- Have discharge from your nipples that is not associated with breast feeding
- You are experiencing an increase in breast pain, discomfort or emotional issues before your menstrual cycle.
How to prepare to see a gynecologist for the first time?
Once you have scheduled an appointment with a best gynecologist at Columbia Asia, plan ahead to make sure that you cover everything you want to discuss.
- Prior to seeing the gynecologist, it will help if you write a list of problems. List them in the order of importance. Also, list your symptoms along with what makes them feel better or worse so that you do not forget them.
- If you are worried, bring a friend or relative along while you see the gynecologist. Research shows that we forget half of what is told by the doctor when we are stressed, so it will help to have someone around.
- Be honest about what you think may be causing the problem. Do not be embarrassed as the gynecologist would have heard and seen it all before.
- If you do not understand something, ask the doctor to repeat and explain it. If there are terminologies that you don't understand, ask the doctor what it means.
So what are you waiting for? Schedule an appointment with our gynecologist if you are trying to get pregnant or are experiencing any of the aforementioned problems. Our gynecologists are reputed in offering the best consultation for all your gynecology related issues. You can consult our best gynecologists at all our hospitals in Bangalore, Ghaziabad, Kolkata, Mysore, Gurugram, Patiala and Pune.