LIFE BEGINS AFTER SIXTY AND HEALTHY HABITS MAKES IT EVEN BETTER
As we age, the needs of the body change, but a healthy lifestyle can help longevity, health and double up the happiness.
A few healthy practices will help you stay young, fit and energetic. You may feel that because your body is unused to being active and a sudden change of pace may not be right.
This is a myth. You can start following healthy tips at any age and start feeling better and healthier. Consult your doctor on what is best for you.
Essential healthy tips to improve the quality of your life
Add fibre to your diet
It will improve your digestion and regularize your bowel movement. It reduces the risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes and cancer. Our dietician will tailor make a diet suitable to your tastes.
Drink plenty of water
Physical activity makes your bone and muscles stronger and reduces the chances of injury due to fall and fractures.
Physical activity is a must to reduce impact of diabetes on the heart, brain and kidneys
- Walking for at least 30 minutes is best for you. You can split it into 15 minutes twice a day. It keeps your joints active and increases blood circulation to the brain and other parts of the body.
- If one is a diabetic, hypertensive or arthritic, physical activity helps to keep diabetes under control
- Wear loose fitting clothes and sturdy shoes with soles that have a good grip
- Increase the distance you walk gradually.
Health alert during physical activity: seek medical help immediately if you develop
- Chest pain or heaviness in the chest
- Dizziness or light headedness
- Loss of balance or unsteadiness